Actuarial Analyst II
Location: Dublin, OH, United States
Date Posted: Sep 8, 2023
Location: This position is located at our Dublin, OH campus.
We’re on a mission to make healthcare simpler and more effective. We fight to ensure our members get the care they need, when they need it, at the most affordable cost – that’s why we call ourselves Healthcare Warriors®. We’re committed to building diverse and inclusive teams, so if you’re excited about this position, we encourage you to apply – even if your experience doesn’t match every requirement.
The Actuarial Analyst II will provide accurate and timely healthcare claims insights of Quantum Health’s larger clients, as well as provide in-depth research of emerging market trends and analysis evaluating the impact of care coordination practices.
What you’ll do
- Analyze and communicate large clients’ healthcare trends by reviewing client's cost/utilization data and looking for year-over-year trends or comparisons to external benchmarks raw data from external databases.
- Identify emerging healthcare patterns by using Quantum Health’s book of business data as well as industry publications.
- Develop studies on large client claims database to assist with the determination of current effectiveness of care coordination.
- All other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics, finance or equivalent
- 3-5 Actuarial Exams Passed; Actively seeking ASA credential through the Society of Actuaries
- 2-4 Years Relevant Actuarial Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytic approaches to create meaningful and measurable business impact
- Prior experience in organizing and analyzing medical claims data
- Experience with medical/prescription drug claim databases and database software packages, such as
- Interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Ability to take on increasing responsibility within the Actuarial team and provide unique insight to creatively solve problems
- All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a background and reference check
- Protect and take care of our company and member’s data every day by committing to work within our company ethics and policies
- Strong administrative/technical skills; Comfort working on a PC using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), IM/video conferencing (Teams & Zoom), and telephones efficiently.
- Trustworthy and accountable behavior, capable of viewing and maintaining confidential information daily.
What’s in it for you
- Compensation: Competitive base pay, incentive plans and employee referral bonuses.
- Coverage: Health, vision and dental featuring our best-in-class healthcare navigation services, along with life insurance, legal and identity protection, adoption assistance, EAP, Teladoc services and more.
- Retirement: 401(k) plan with up to 4% employer match and full vesting on day one.
- Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), 7 paid holidays, parental leave, volunteer days, paid sabbaticals, and more.
- Development: Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually, certification/continuing education reimbursement, discounted higher education partnerships, paid trainings and leadership development.
- Culture: Recognition as a Best Place to Work for 15+ years, dedication to diversity, philanthropy and sustainability, and people-first values that drive every decision.
- Environment: A modern workplace with a casual dress code, open floor plans, full-service dining, free snacks and drinks, complimentary 24/7 fitness center with group classes, outdoor walking paths, game room, notary and dry-cleaning services and more! Check out our home: https://youtu.be/xRnbvCW_YgA
What you should know
- Internal Associates: Already a Healthcare Warrior? Apply internally through Jobvite.
- Process: Application > Phone Screen > Online Assessment(s) > Interview(s) > Offer > Background Check
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Quantum Health welcomes everyone. We value our diverse team and suppliers, we’re committed to empowering our ERGs, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Tobacco-Free Campus: To further enable the health and wellbeing of our associates and community, Quantum Health maintains a tobacco-free environment. The use of all types of tobacco products is prohibited in all company facilities and on all company grounds.
- Compensation Ranges: Compensation details published by job boards are estimates and not verified by Quantum Health. Details surrounding compensation will be disclosed throughout the interview process. Compensation offered is based on the candidate’s unique combination of experience and qualifications related to the position.
- Agencies: Quantum Health does not accept unsolicited resumes or outreach from third-parties. Absent a signed MSA and request/approval from Talent Acquisition to submit candidates for a specific requisition, we will not approve payment to any third party.
- Sponsorship: Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent and ongoing future basis without requiring sponsorship.
Recruiting Scams: Unfortunately, scams targeting job seekers are common. To protect our candidates, we want to remind you that authorized representatives of Quantum Health will only contact you from an email address ending in @quantum-health.com. Quantum Health will never ask for personally identifiable information such as Date of Birth (DOB), Social Security Number (SSN), banking/direct/tax details, etc. via email or any other non-secure system, nor will we instruct you to make any purchases related to your employment.
If you believe you’ve encountered a recruiting scam, report it to the Federal Trade Commission at ReportFraud.ftc.gov and your state’s Attorney General at https://www.usa.gov/state-attorney-general.