Patient Service Representative - Care Coordinator
Location: Dublin, OH, United States
Date Posted: Sep 8, 2023
Now Hiring For October Classes!
Starting Pay: Minimum $18.00 - Maximum $24.00 per/hour*
Shift Differential: + $0.50 per/hour between 11:00am-8:30pm EST; + $1.50 per/hour between 12:00pm-10:00pm EST
We’re on a mission to make healthcare simpler and more effective. We fight to ensure our members get the care they need, when they need it, at the most affordable cost – that’s why we call ourselves Healthcare Warriors®. We’re committed to building diverse and inclusive teams, so if you’re excited about this position, we encourage you to apply – even if your experience doesn’t match every requirement.
The Care Coordinator is Quantum Health’s entry point into healthcare navigation. Some people know them as Patient Service Representatives (PSRs), but they’re so much more. They’re tech-savvy helpers, investigators and problem solvers. They interact with our members, clinicians and service providers on the phone, using leading technology to simplify the complex healthcare landscape. Most importantly – no experience is required. Our paid six-week training program provides everything needed to succeed in this rapidly growing industry.
What you’ll do
- Provide exceptional customer service through inbound/outbound calls in our modern, fast-paced, contact center environment.
- Offer empathetic member guidance, including verification of benefits and creation of authorizations for treatment based on the members’ health plan.
- Ask probing questions to recognize additional patient needs, including those beyond their current healthcare benefits and provide additional resources/solutions whenever possible.
- Act as an advocate for our members by communicating with network liaisons, clinical professionals and finance staff members at hospitals and medical offices.
- Partner with internal clinical professionals in providing member guidance and identify when members should be connected directly with Quantum Health Nurses.
- Investigate financial discrepancies and claim issues to ensure our members and clients are billed appropriately.
- Participate in stretch assignments, special projects and leadership development programming, as available, to gain business exposure and build a rewarding career with the organization.
- All other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) equivalent.
- Strong administrative/technical skills; Comfort working on a PC using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), IM/video conferencing (Teams & Zoom), and telephones efficiently.
- Strong customer service skills with a caring personality, willing to put in extra effort to ensure our members are taken care of during potentially difficult times.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written); comfortable talking on the phone for extended periods of time and replying to emails in a timely manner.
- Trustworthy and accountable behavior, capable of viewing and maintaining confidential personal information daily.
- Willingness to routinely, reliably come to work on schedule and adjust shift/scheduling based on the needs of the organization (including occasional paid overtime).
What you should know
- Internal Associates: Already a Healthcare Warrior? Apply internally through Jobvite.
- Process: Application > Phone Screen > Online Assessment(s) > Interview(s) > Offer > Background Check
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Quantum Health welcomes everyone. We value our diverse team and suppliers, we’re committed to empowering our ERGs, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Tobacco-Free Campus: To further enable the health and wellbeing of our associates and community, Quantum Health maintains a tobacco-free environment. The use of all types of tobacco products is prohibited in all company facilities and on all company grounds.
- Compensation Ranges: Compensation details published by job boards are estimates and not verified by Quantum Health. Details surrounding compensation will be disclosed throughout the interview process. Compensation offered is based on the candidate’s unique combination of experience and qualifications related to the position.
- Agencies: Quantum Health does not accept unsolicited resumes or outreach from third-parties. Absent a signed MSA and request/approval from Talent Acquisition to submit candidates for a specific requisition, we will not approve payment to any third party.
- Sponsorship: Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent and ongoing future basis without requiring sponsorship.
Pay Range: Minimum $18 - Maximum $24 (per hour)*
Note: Compensation information published by job boards are estimates and not verified by Quantum Health. Details surrounding compensation will be disclosed throughout the interview process. Compensation offered is based on the candidate’s unique combination of experience and qualifications related to the position.
Recruiting Scams: Unfortunately, scams targeting job seekers are common. To protect our candidates, we want to remind you that authorized representatives of Quantum Health will only contact you from an email address ending in @quantum-health.com. Quantum Health will never ask for personally identifiable information such as Date of Birth (DOB), Social Security Number (SSN), banking/direct/tax details, etc. via email or any other non-secure system, nor will we instruct you to make any purchases related to your employment.
If you believe you’ve encountered a recruiting scam, report it to the Federal Trade Commission at ReportFraud.ftc.gov and your state’s Attorney General at https://www.usa.gov/state-attorney-general.